commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [resources][all] Resources status
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 15:36:19 GMT

> On 3/5/06, Martin Cooper <martinc@apache.org> wrote:

> thats a

> > > Just to confirm - this means putting it back into the sandbox, right?
> >

> > Um, no, I believe "fast track it to dormant" means moving it to
> "dormant". I
> > know that the web site currently describes "dormant" as inactive sandbox
> > components, but that is not accurate. FeedParser was promoted before it
> went
> > dormant, and Resources is in the same boat. The web site is wrong -
> dormant
> > components can come from Proper too.
>
> Phil's suggestion for FeedParser was:
>
> "We need to make a decision on which way to go here...either demote
> back to sandbox/dormant or have someone step up to drive this
> component toward a release."
>
> I don't see anything that argued with the demoting, though I can only
> find the thread suggesting the change.

Sorry, I didn't follow the FeedParser discussions too closely. What are the
criteria, then, for deciding between a Proper component going back to the
sandbox and going straight to dormant? I'm assuming that, should BeanUtils,
for example, remain inactive, you wouldn't argue for that to go back to the
sandbox.

--
Martin Cooper

I'm also unsure why we'd be happy to move FeedParser and Resources