commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [codec] crypto-compat BigInt patch, no feedback for one month
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 22:34:46 GMT
On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 09:48 -0600, Chris Black wrote:
> Over a month ago I submitted a proposed patch to commons-codec to add
> crypto-compatible BigInteger encoding support to Base64 (bugzilla
> #38657). I have not received any feedback on this patch so far and
> realize it may not be a priority for others, but I was wondering if
> there was anything else I could do to get a committer to consider this
> patch. Or perhaps guidance on what I may be doing wrong in terms of the
> development/communication process.

i'm not sure you've done anything particularly wrong. codec's probably a
little short of developer energy ATM and so reports may get a little
dusty. so, posting a mail such as this is the right thing to do in the
circumstances.

i'm not very familiar with codec. hopefully, a committer who is will
step up sometime soon. (it can take a few days to establish
communication.)

if not, i'll try to take a look but it'll probably be the weekend.

i probably won't find the energy to push codec forward in the medium
term so you might find yourself submitting more patches if you need more
changes...

- robert