commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Validator 1.3.0 based on RC3
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 20:37:45 GMT
On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 05:37 +0000, Niall Pemberton wrote:
> I have just uploaded release candidate 3 (RC3) for Commons Validator 1.3.0.
>
> Thanks for all the feedback on RC2, differences from that RC are:
>
> - corrected problems with "localized" tests
> - corrected a problem generating the md5 checksums
> - sigs have been generated for this RC
> - ant build now automatically downloads dependencies (requires less setup)
> - "build.properties.sample" file included in source distro
> - release notes now point to local copy of changes-report.html (rather than
> online)
> - source distro now unpacks to a different directory
>
> RC3 is here:
> http://people.apache.org/~niallp/commons-validator-1.3.0-rc3/

the extra detached signatures for the md5 files had me worried for a
minute 8-)

> Site here:
> http://people.apache.org/~niallp/commons-validator-1.3.0-rc3/site/

a few minor nits:

http://people.apache.org/~niallp/commons-validator-1.3.0-rc3/site/javascript/org/apache/commons/validator/javascript/index.html
contains ##### REFER TO NON-SPEC DOCUMENTATION HERE #####

you have two checkstyle violations:
http://people.apache.org/~niallp/commons-validator-1.3.0-rc3/site/checkstyle-report.html

probably want to exclude tests from simian analysis

> Release notes here:
> http://people.apache.org/~niallp/commons-validator-1.3.0-rc3/site/changes-report.html

i'm not very keen on this style of release notes: IMHO users expect to
be able to read release notes in the download. i'd prefer a relative
reference to the copy in the documentation

i'd like the above address but none are blockers for me so

> [X] +1  I support this release
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -0
> [ ] -1  I do not support this release because...

- robert