commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [pool] ready for a 1.3 release?
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:29:12 GMT
On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 21:32 -0500, Sandy McArthur wrote:
> I've preped Pool for a 1.3 to my satisfaction

it's best to take a tag before each release candidate (just take a svn
copy from the current branch into the tags directory, named POOL_1_3_RC1
in this case). in the past we've occasionally needed to recut releases
and this is tricky (but not impossible) without tags.

> and uploaded the related files:
> http://people.apache.org/~sandymac/pool/1.3-rc1/

it's best for the source drop to unwrap to a different directory from
the binary release. traditionally commons-pool-1.3-rc1-src.tar.gz
should unpack to commons-pool-1.3-rc1-src (rather than
commons-pool-1.3-rc1). this makes it easier on user who want binary and
source.

> http://people.apache.org/~sandymac/pool/1.3-rc1/site/

looks good :)

minor improvement: downloads are now host at
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_commons-pool.cgi.
download.xml needs to be updated. (don't forget to add a date for 1.3
when it's finally cut)

please use lower case for the checksums suffix (AIUI the monitoring
scripts are case sensitive).

signatures look fine to me. if you haven't uploaded your key to a public
key server on the academic network, please do so. (i use pgp.mit.edu.
henk has interesting material on signing and the apache web of trust at
http://people.apache.org/~henkp/)

thanks for taking this on

- robert