commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] testing JCL 1.1 RC6
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:18:05 GMT
On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 12:35 -0700, Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On 3/16/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 16:29 -0700, Wendy Smoak wrote:
>
> > > If you haven't already, it might be good to invite the Spring folks.
> > > This caught my eye recently on springframework-user:
> > >  * http://www.nabble.com/Can-Spring-work-without-commons-logging--t1253162.html
> >
> > want to make contact or shall i?
>
> Done.
> http://www.nabble.com/-OT-ANN-Jakarta-Commons-Logging-1.1.0-Release-Candidate-6-Available-t1293587.html

Thanks Wendy.

By the way, I was reading the comments on this thread and saw this one:
http://www.nabble.com/Can-Spring-work-without-commons-logging--t1253162.html#a3377962

This is exactly the difference between JCL and SLF4J. SLF4J does not,
and will not, support this scenario. It is because it doesn't even try
to support this feature that it does provide more reliable classloading
behaviour.

I wish there was some way to post a reply to that entry in the forum...

Cheers,

Simon