commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject [all] dormancy nomenclature [WAS Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Demote Latka and Resources to Dormant]
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:57:11 GMT
On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 22:25 +0000, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

<snip>

> None of this should prevent it being brought back later.

cool

> I suggest that a discussion about renaming Dormat to Unmaintained starts
> in a new thread.

here's the thread :)

i quite like the idea of grades of status and separating the community
organisational (moving to a separate part of the repository) from the
communication perspective. perhaps we allow different states of dormancy
to let users know a little more.

resources has a lot more interest and has a reasonable chance of being
resurrected. there are interested committers who lack the energy ATM to
push the component forward. if an interested developer or two stepped up
then it could quite easily burst into life again. the code base is
mature but limited. the only reason not to use resources is that it
lacks a formal release.

this is quite different from latka.

> I'm not going to be able to action this for a few days now.

it'd be best to get some documentation up before making the move

- robert