commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release IO 1.2
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:12:10 GMT
On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 22:33 +0000, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> This is a vote for the release [io] v1.2
>
> RC2 is here:
> http://people.apache.org/~scolebourne/commons-io/
>
> Site here:
> http://people.apache.org/~scolebourne/commons-io/site/
>
> Release notes here:
> http://people.apache.org/~scolebourne/commons-io/site/upgradeto1_2.html

a few comments:

1 having the jar in the source distribution seems a little odd. i'd be
interested in the reasons behind this decision.
2 AFAICT only the java docs (and not the maven documentation) is shipped
with the binary distribution. is this intentional?
3 the raw jar will need to be signed and summed before it's made
available through the apache java repository.

but on balance i think the release is good enough for a +1 from me

- robert