commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject RE: [feedparser] News / Status
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 22:14:17 GMT
On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 12:16 -0500, James Carman wrote:
> Maybe that's what was throwing me off, the PGP stuff.  I started to go
> through the checklist, but I had to start installing stuff like PGP and just
> got frustrated.  There should be a nice automated way to do this, since we
> do it quite often.

AIUI the problem is that OpenPGP is non-trivial to automate in a secure
manner.

that's why documentation is difficult: it's dangerous to give
instructions to be followed blindly. education is important.

i've been building up an ASF document on signing and have been contacted
(in the past) by one or two newbie release managers and helped them with
OpenPGP. if it's really just this that's holding things up, if you're
willing to test the documentation, i'll help you set everything up and
test the signatures. i think you'll be surprised how easy it is :)

- robert