commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] new simple logging component?
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2006 20:00:39 GMT
On 2/18/06, Boris Unckel <b.unckel@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hello Robert,
>
> robert burrell donkin wrote:
> > the java 2 model causes issues with J2ME, embedded applications and some
> > containers which be found on clients and the failure of very many
> > container and framework vendors to create applications that adhere to
> > this specification causes the majority of problems users experience with
> > JCL.
> >
> I have searched the JSRs several times but I did not find any
> requirement, recommendation for J2EE
> classloader delegation modells. Could you provide an URL/PDF and exact
> page where to read this?
> I am interested both in the EJB-Container and the Servlet/JSP-Container
> part.

You are probably looking for these pointers (using the J2EE 1.4 family of
specs -- similar stuff is in the JavaEE 5 versions):

(1) Class loading requirements for the J2EE platform as a whole
     is in the J2EE Platform Specification, sections J2EE.6.2.4.8
     and J2EE.8.2.

    http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=151

(2) Class loading requirements specifically for servlet containers
     are described in the Servlet Specificat, sections SRV.9.7.1
     and SRV.9.7.2.

     http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=154

Regards
> Boris