commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: [all] release and build improvements: status?
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 01:40:00 GMT

>"Phil Steitz" <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote in message
>Good question.  I was just thinking the same thing.  The current doc
>in /releases is not bad for maven 1, but could use some updating.  It
>might be better to put our energy into m2 migration and getting the
>release docs updated to reflect that.  Brett and Dennis were working
>on the site generations stuff for m2, which is currently in very
>fragile state in m1.  Their work is documented here:
>http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/CreatingSiteWithMaven2
>
>Does anyone have objection to aiming for Maven 2 for the standard
>build and release process for commons?  If no, we can try to focus on
>getting a migration plan and updated build / release docs.

Well, Gump doesn't currently support Maven 2, so moving to an *only* build
with Maven 2 would pretty much cripple Gump.

That aside, I personally have no interest in Maven, so won't help for the
projects I'm involved with (daemon & modeler), and will veto removal of the
ant build scripts from either.