commons-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r377094 - in /jakarta/commons/sandbox/exec/trunk/src: main/java/org/apache/commons/exec/ main/java/org/apache/commons/exec/environment/ main/java/org/apache/commons/exec/launcher/ test/java/org/apache/commons/exec/
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2006 00:40:29 GMT
I don't think your missing anything. The idea was to get closer in line
to how the JDK does this.

The quote handling would with this design be done within the
implementation of the command runner (e.g. Execute), that's why the
commit message said I was coming back to that. That default
implementation would use the Ant code.

However, if you do not think this is a good idea, I'll be happy to back
it out.

/niklas

Brett Porter wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something, but are you sure you want this?
>
> At least in plexus-utils, constructing a command line with
> cl.addArg().setLine(), cl.addArg.setValue(), etc is *much* friendlier
> than creating a string array.
>
> Also, the quote handling is one of the most key things to this library.
> Are you sure it will get back to the well tested state that Ant had this
> code in? It's really the only problem I have with the plexus-utils
> version of the library.
>
> - Brett
>
> ngn@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: ngn
>> Date: Sat Feb 11 16:14:47 2006
>> New Revision: 377094

>> Log:
>> Replacing the CommandLine class with String[] to work more like the JDK classes.
Note that for now this also removes the special handling of quotes. Get back to this later.

--
-------
Niklas Gustavsson