commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Blum <mblu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [collections] New utility methods for CollectionUtils & ListUtils
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 14:17:30 GMT
True, though I've seen applications, even AJAX-enabled web apps, that allow
the user to move a row an arbitrary number of places at once, for which a
method like this would be necessary.  As for the wrapping around the top and
bottom, it's not how everyone does it, of course, but I find it useful to
implement it that way because it means that if you have an element at the
bottom of a ten-row list, say, and want to move it to the top, it takes you
only one click (and server-hit) instead of nine.

-Matt