commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Dion Gillard" <dion.gill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JEXL] Blocks and an Expression
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 00:15:07 GMT

> Thanks for the recent changes Dion. The bit that is hazy (for me) is
> the relationship between an Expression and a "block" in the current
> impl. As demonstrated by the two failing test cases at the end of
> BlockTest.java (and therefore, commented out) I think we may need to
> flesh out the semantics of "value on Expression evaluation becomes
> block value", especially when the Expression can contain multiple
> blocks or a mix of blocks and statements.
>
> I hope to look at the code soon as well ;-) but didn't want to lose
> track of this initial thought while looking at the svn commits fly by.

Hmm.. This seems to be the same as multiple expression evaluations, e.g. if
you evaluate:

" x = 1; y = 2;"

what do you expect? (me, I expect 2!). Blocks shouldn't change the
semantics.

is that your understanding too?

I can look at the failing/commented tests and check out what's happening if
you like.

Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light. Not because Chuck Norris is afraid
of the dark, but because the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris