commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] release and build improvements: status?
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 01:15:07 GMT
Good question.  I was just thinking the same thing.  The current doc
in /releases is not bad for maven 1, but could use some updating.  It
might be better to put our energy into m2 migration and getting the
release docs updated to reflect that.  Brett and Dennis were working
on the site generations stuff for m2, which is currently in very
fragile state in m1.  Their work is documented here:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/CreatingSiteWithMaven2

Does anyone have objection to aiming for Maven 2 for the standard
build and release process for commons?  If no, we can try to focus on
getting a migration plan and updated build / release docs.

Phil