commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-logging 1.1.0 As Alpha1
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2006 16:12:52 GMT
On 2/18/06, robert burrell donkin <rdonkin@apache.org> wrote:
> --8<-------------------------------------------------------------------
> [ ] +1 Approve this process
> [ ] +0
> [X] -0
> [ ] -1 Do not use this process

I think it would be a mistake to label it as "alpha". In my mind this
implies either an API that is unstable and subject to change and/or
software which isn't fully finished. As such many people may ignore an
"alpha" release and it could reduce the number of people who test it
out - since we want it tested as widely as possible my vote would be
that it is labelled "beta" once it "satisfies the quality standards
required for jakarta commons releases", rather than "alpha".

Niall