commons-dev mailing list archives

From "C. Grobmeier" <grobme...@possessed.de>
Subject Re: [email] ant dist fails / dependencies not found
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:20:14 GMT

Dion Gillard wrote:
> The javamail jars cannot be distributed by themselves as they are licensed
> under the Sun Binary Code License.
>
> I thought the generated ant build.xml would allow you to specify an
> alternate location of javamail.jar as a a property?
>
> is this not working?

I got Dumbster, but not these two:

* http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/javamail/jars/javamail-1.3.3.jar
* http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/activation/jars/activation-1.0.2.jar

The location is "hard"-coded in the <get/> Tag.
Problem is before downloading you have to accept the terms. I think it
would be better to kick off these <get/> Tags and tell the user he has
to download these apis manually.

How is this solved with maven? I guess this will result in an error too.

Regards,
Chris