commons-dev mailing list archives

From Boris Unckel <b.unc...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [logging] JCL1 LogFactory incompatibility with WAS
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:36:48 GMT
Hi,

robert burrell donkin wrote:
> JCL 1.1 is incompatible with WAS. this appears to be an existing
> standing issue http://www.javablog.com/2005/12/28/1135813600066.html. i
> haven't managed to with work out why this is case (as yet).
I have read the article and the PDF. They recommend to change the
classloader order to PARENT_LAST
for the Classloader which contains the commons-logging.jar (they mean
the Jakarta delivered version).
In the case I have sent this has been done for both classloaders (EAR
and WAR). I will try to put in a commons-logging.properties file
in the classpath to see if something changes. The result will be
available on Monday evening (CET).

Regards
Boris