commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Smith <rsm...@livedatagroup.com>
Subject Re: Potential Bug In Circular Redirect
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 22:24:42 GMT

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
>On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 15:39 -0500, Ryan Smith wrote:
>
>>If i try a GET request on
>>
>>http://domain.com/site.html?x=1
>>
>>And the domain.com web server does a 302 redirect to : /site.html?y=2
>>
>>HttpCleint thinks its a Circular redirect b/c its *JUST* looking at the
>>uri, not the uri + query string.
>>
>>Not sure if this breaks the protocol or not, but thought i would bring
>>it to your attention,
>>All browser support this type of redirect and recognizes it as not being
>>circular, maybe
>>HttpClient should examine the URI + the query string?
>>Just a thought, ANy reply back on this would help alot.
>>Currently i have to have the application to allow circular redirects.
>>Thanks
>>-Ryan
>>

>Ryan,
>What version of HttpClient are you using?
>
>Oleg

I am using 3.0 RELEASE
But i checked out the latest snap shot code, and the logic in
HttpMethodDirector.java only checks for the URI, not URI + Query string.

Below, plerase see my MANIFEST.MF that came with my httpclient.jar :

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.5.3
Created-By: Apache Maven
Built-By: Michael
Package: org.apache.commons.httpclient
Build-Jdk: 1.3.1_17
Extension-Name: commons-httpclient
Specification-Title: Jakarta Commons HttpClient
Specification-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Title: org.apache.commons.httpclient
Implementation-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Version: 3.0