commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r377094 - in /jakarta/commons/sandbox/exec/trunk/src: main/java/org/apache/commons/exec/ main/java/org/apache/commons/exec/environment/ main/java/org/apache/commons/exec/launcher/ test/java/org/apache/commons/exec/
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2006 00:30:49 GMT
Maybe I'm missing something, but are you sure you want this?

At least in plexus-utils, constructing a command line with
cl.addArg().setLine(), cl.addArg.setValue(), etc is *much* friendlier
than creating a string array.

Also, the quote handling is one of the most key things to this library.
Are you sure it will get back to the well tested state that Ant had this
code in? It's really the only problem I have with the plexus-utils
version of the library.

- Brett

ngn@apache.org wrote:
> Author: ngn
> Date: Sat Feb 11 16:14:47 2006
> New Revision: 377094

> Log:
> Replacing the CommandLine class with String[] to work more like the JDK classes. Note
that for now this also removes the special handling of quotes. Get back to this later.