commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rory Winston <rwins...@eircom.net>
Subject Re: [Net] NNTPClient: How to use retrieveArticle and retrieveArticleBody methods?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 20:12:51 GMT
Rakesh

Try attaching a ProtocolCommandListener to the in/out streams so you can
debug what is happening on the wire:

client = new NNTPClient();
client.addProtocolCommandListener(new PrintCommandListener(new PrintWriter(System.out)));

I also dont think you need to call completePendingCommand() ( I may be mistaken here, its
been a while since I had a look at this).

Make sure you have called selectNewsgroup() as well.

Cheers
Rory