commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Ring <...@jdns.org>
Subject Re: [cli] Moving forward
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 22:32:32 GMT
Hi Stephen and all,

(Sorry for the late reply)

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 08:36, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> Henri Yandell wrote:
> > On the compatibility interface; I'd rather just drop it and spend that
> > effort on migration documentation. Does raise the question of whether
> > the cli2 package name ever becomes cli. Having it as cli2 does avoid
> > any surprises; things flat out won't work.
>
> Or [commons-commandline], a completely 'new' commons project.

I think that we have a better chance of getting newer versions of CLI out to
developers if we keep it within the current project.

Take the Debian libcommons-cli-java package: Debian will much more readily
accept new upstream releases of the same package than they will the same
project under a new name (I think).

> Stephen

Regards,
James