commons-dev mailing list archives

From John Gant <>
Subject Re: [math] JSR 247: Data Mining 2.0
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 03:00:24 GMT
Reviewed the specification, and can say that it seems to contain some
nice algorithms. I think [math] could add some very important
methodologies for time series analysis (for instance smoothing
algorithms, AR, MA, ARMA (if desired), and other decomposition
methodologies). Phil, how can [math] contribute to this specification?
Noticed that the distance measures (within clustering algorithms) are
pluggable but didn't see a list of distance measures in this spec,
should [math] create or contribute to this list?