commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [id] Review before 1.0 (Summary)
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2006 22:18:31 GMT
Hi Stephen,

Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> As per the general thrust of Phil's mail, we should remove everything
> thats complex and not working and get a simple 1.0 out there. We can
> then grow from that point as and when the desire arises.

As answered to Phil, UUID is now part of c-id for two years and already used
in production. Nobody can guarantee for error-free code here anyway, but
all current issues with the code are not related to the algorithms, but to
exception handling and managing the internal (persistent) state of the
generator. This is not *that* problematic to clean it up.

[snip]

- Jörg