commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [id] Review before 1.0 (Summary)
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2006 22:13:06 GMT
Hi Stephen,

Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> Tim OBrien wrote:
>> --- Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible@gmx.de> wrote:
>>>4/ Copied c-codec classes in official API
>>>
>>>To remove a dependency to c-codec the digest and hex utilities have been
>>>copied to c-id, but they are now publicly available in the o.a.c.id
>>>namespace.

[snip]

>> +1 with moving into an internal package with a package.html,
>
> I strongly prefer using package scope if at all possible, and
> referencing the svn revision id that the code was copied from.

Well, there's no problem in creating a copy with svn from the current code
code, but this does not affect the removal of unused code in the copy. A
later 3-way-merge can update the remaining code always. Concerning package
scope I will have to take a closer look, since the functionality is used in
two c-id packages.

- Jörg