commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which Maven / xdoc-plugin version to build component site?
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 01:42:13 GMT
On 1/24/06, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> which version of Maven and the xdoc-plugin is necessary to build the site of
> a component? Building for commons-id, I just get:
>
> ====== %< =======
> xdoc:jelly-transform:
>    [echo]
> Generating /home/joehni/src/Jakarta/sandbox/id/target/docs/javadoc.html
> from /home/joehni/src/Jakarta/sandbox/id/target/generated-xdocs/javadoc.xml
> Could not find the class: org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.fmt.FmtTagLibrary
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.fmt.FmtTagLibrary
> ====== %< =======
>
> Maven is 1.0.2
<snip/>

Thats good.

> xdoc-plugin is 1.8
<snap/>

Try 1.9.2. Some folks have begun adding a specific version dependency
to the POM (marked "site" only).

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/commons-build/trunk/pluginUpdate.txt

This has become a popular question, need to put it on the wiki as
well. Maybe after dinner ...

-Rahul

> - Jörg

<snip/>