commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [logging] please check release candidate 1
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 01:40:00 GMT
On 1/22/06, robert burrell donkin <rdonkin@apache.org> wrote:
> i've uploaded RC1 to http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-logging/.
> please check and test the release candidate and report any mistakes or
> problems.
>
> you'll probably notice that the jars are numbered 1.1 (not 1.1RC1 as is
> more usual). i'd like to use a variation of the httpd/struts/tomcat
> release approval process. i'll outline how this would work tomorrow.

<snip/>

Folks -

Sincere apologies if this seems to be in the way of anyone doing the
real work. There are jars out there marked 1.1, and I'm not
comfortable with this. I'm aware of the httpd/struts/tomcat process,
but we need to collectively decide before any components start
deviating from (what I understand is) Commons policy.

I'm all for JCL 1.1, but IMO, the above approach should have been
discussed before posting these files.

-Rahul