commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <>
Subject Re: [net] FTPS submission - legal issues
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 00:26:56 GMT
Steve -

While there are multiple people on this list who are probably
well-informed enough to answer the questions below definitively, I'd
also ping legal-discuss@ which might have a better demographic for
these kind of posts.

On 1/22/06, Steve Cohen <> wrote:
> Josejuan Montiel ( has submitted some code
> that would implement an FTPS protocol as an addition to commons-net.
> This submission takes the form of a patch submitted as a bug via
>  Apparently
> this code was submitted as part of an existing project under SourceForge (
>  That project was originally under the LGPL, although
its owner, Paul Ferraro has apparently agreed to switch it to the Apache
> License.
> Can some of the licensing gurus comment on this, and provide feedback?  I would like
to see this happen if it's possible.  However, Mr. Montiel has more work to do before
> the team would accept the submission, and I am reluctant to suggest that he do it if
some licensing issue that I am not aware of would kill the idea.
> Additionally. the submission depends on classes in the
> package.  Are these legal imports for jakarta?
> Steve Cohen

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message