commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Decoupling Execution Context from the SCXML Model (WAS: [scxml] a few observations, issues before release)
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:17:13 GMT
On 1/19/06, Tim OBrien <tobrien@discursive.com> wrote:

<snip/>

> Even if a state is associated with a context it doesn't necessary mean that there needs
to be a
> relationship with an actual context item.
>
> I guess this is a case of "well....wouldn't it be helpful to be able to participate in
that
> Working Group".  :-)
>
> The thing that I think is important for the SCXML working group to know is that for some
> applications to be feasible a state machine must be efficient, not tied to execution
context and
> able to be shared at runtime by "possibly" thousands of instances.  Maybe putting it
in Voice
> terms might make it more relevant to that specific working group, if I'm trying to model
the state
> of ten thousand simultaneous conversations, I'd start to care whether or not I'd would
have to
> replicate the entire model or representation of the state machine.

<snap/>

My previous post didn't come out right, this "decoupling" is ofcourse
needed in the current implementation, which is why this thread exists
:-)

In terms of feedback to the WG, there are public mailing lists at the
W3C per WG where feedback can be posted, though I doubt they need any
convincing on this aspect. And for better participation, we should
push here on making the ASF a member as well.

-Rahul