commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Decoupling Execution Context from the SCXML Model (WAS: [scxml] a few observations, issues before release)
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:17:13 GMT
On 1/19/06, Tim OBrien <> wrote:
> Even if a state is associated with a context it doesn't necessary mean that there needs
to be a
> relationship with an actual context item.
> I guess this is a case of "well....wouldn't it be helpful to be able to participate in
> Working Group".  :-)
> The thing that I think is important for the SCXML working group to know is that for some
> applications to be feasible a state machine must be efficient, not tied to execution
context and
> able to be shared at runtime by "possibly" thousands of instances.  Maybe putting it
in Voice
> terms might make it more relevant to that specific working group, if I'm trying to model
the state
> of ten thousand simultaneous conversations, I'd start to care whether or not I'd would
have to
> replicate the entire model or representation of the state machine.

My previous post didn't come out right, this "decoupling" is ofcourse
needed in the current implementation, which is why this thread exists

In terms of feedback to the WG, there are public mailing lists at the
W3C per WG where feedback can be posted, though I doubt they need any
convincing on this aspect. And for better participation, we should
push here on making the ASF a member as well.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message