commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Usecases (WAS: [VOTE] Promote SCXML to Proper)
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 05:15:51 GMT
Thanks for sharing your views below with us Joe, hard to beat real
applications for driving home a point or two.

On 1/17/06,
<> wrote:
> A real application...
> We're very keen to build a solution for a trade workflow and documentation system which
does exactly what you describe people don't want.
> Controlling state in our current application is a nightmare - it can't be visualised,
we have states which are meaningless, states which are dead ends etc etc.
> We want to have a run time to drive state - our processing is split between automatic
state movement and manual movement - background processes or users raise events which in turn
force state movement, traders to be notified, documents to be sent and generated, electronic
messages communicated to other banks.
> We want to be able to provide out business owners with a quick overview of where all
his trades are, so that he move them around, escallate to new users.
> The SCXML model is the only thing that we have found which is rich enough, tightly enough
specified, and offers the real chance of putting state at the centre of our application.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message