commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject [all] The ASF as a W3C member (WAS: [scxml] compliance with SCXML Working Draft)
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 05:20:04 GMT
On 1/16/06, Tim OBrien <tobrien@discursive.com> wrote:
<snip/>

> ...this brings up another issue, I think it would be beneficial for the ASF to join the
W3C, but
> we're currently not a Member organization.
<snap/>

FWIW, I'd like to see this happen as well. I believe Commons SCXML is
an example where we're beginning to see useful interactions between
the ASF and the W3C, and IMO, the ASF can only gain by being a W3C
member.

If we stare at the W3C member list ...

http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Member/List

... we see members such as:

 * OASIS
 * Mozilla

and it is probably time to float this thought at the ASF.

So, a couple of questions:

 * Anyone else has any views on this?
 * What would be the appropriate ASF forum to begin this conversation?

-Rahul