commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Promote SCXML to Proper
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 22:50:55 GMT
> Sorry for the late reaction Rahul, but I needed some thinking and some waiting time.
>
> The reason why I waited is to see if it got support from other people and uptill now,
no one reacted
> to the vote (maybe it's a busy time).
>
> Currently I am -1 on the move to proper.
>
> Reasons :
>
> - Not much happening on the lists yet (meaning diversity of people discussing scxml)
> - Only one maintainer/committer (Jaroslav Gergic has a listed CLA, but was not active
on any
> commons mailinglist)
> - No real support (yet) from the fellow commons committers.
>
> The component is still young and probably just needs time to get the above happen.
>
> As far as I can judge things about SCXML, I think you are doing a great job, the last
thing I want
> to happen is to discourage you with my -1 on the move happening now.

<snip/>

No worries, I don't discourage easy :-)

I will start another thread early next week (I'm on my way out and
unavailable this weekend) about some of your points above, so we
(Commons) can figure out what, if any, are the next steps -- since
this gates future RDC releases, therefore stalling hurts more than
just Commons SCXML.

In the mean time, if you have browsed through Commons SCXML and have
suggestions for improvement, let me know. Careful, that might risk
making you a believer though ;-)

This vote had been veto'ed, but other independent opinions on this
promotion are most welcome. I'll produce the [RESULT] email when I'm
back.

-Rahul