commons-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: [JEXL] Validate plugin Uberspec approach
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:34:28 GMT
Right, that's exactly the change. The default behavior is to use the
static instance of Uberspect. I just have the m_uberspect member of
HashMapContext call Introspector.getUberspect().

I understand that my next step is to do some testing (adding the
appropriate test case or cases) and produce a patch?

Tim OBrien <>
01/19/2006 10:14 AM
Please respond to
"Jakarta Commons Developers List" <>

Jakarta Commons Developers List <>

Re: [JEXL] Validate plugin Uberspec approach

So, in a class like ASTArrayAccess, you are talking about changing a call
like this:

VelPropertyGet vg = Introspector.getUberspect().getPropertyGet(o, s,

To something like,

VelPropertyGet vg = jexlContext.getIntrospector().getUberspect()....

Seems reasonable, but you might want to preserve the default static
instance of Uberspect on
Introspector for continuity.

--- wrote:

> Hi,
> It looks like the simplest place to provide a plugin mechanism in JEXL
> via the JexlContext object. My reasoning is that this object is passed
> along everywhere that evaluation occurs, and would allow two different
> users of JEXL within the same JVM to use different Uberspec objects.
> I wouldn't mind comments from the current contributor/committers for
> Thanks,
> Doug

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: