commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: [all] Commons SCXML, beyond the first promotion vote
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 07:49:57 GMT
Hi Rahul,

Rahul Akolkar wrote on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 6:03 AM:

> Based on Martin's (mvdb) veto against the recent promotion vote for
> Commons SCXML, it is obvious that lack of Commons' developers'
> interest (other than mine) for this component bothered some of us.

As you also pointged out in your other mail, the use cases for SCXML are difficult and people
will only start to use it, if they grasp the theoretical concept. So it is no wonder, that
you have to wait until more interested people coming by. From the communities' PoV we just
have to ensure maintainability i.e. that there are enough other interested people.

> In that light, Tim's interest towards an SCXML release indicated in his
> recent posts (pending his numerous useful suggestions) was necessary,
> and IMO, is sufficient to keep this component moving forward.

+1

> The next steps will be:
>
>  * Resolving issues recently raised in bugzilla, on the mailing list
> and addressing the questions asked on the wiki FAQ page
>  * Allowing a reasonable amount of time for anyone interested in
> forming a well-informed opinion to do so
>  * Calling another promotion vote
>
> Unless someone replies to this thread claiming otherwise, I will
> assume there are no glaring holes in my understanding here.

Yes, it is best to continue and be present here on the list. Active development attracts always
more people.

- Jörg