commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Roshan Paiva" <Rosh...@virtusa.com>
Subject Changes to accommodate loading multiple property files
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:31:47 GMT
Hi All,

I understand that a PropertiesConfiguration object can only be
associated with a single file. Therefore, I have made some changes to
the classes to accommodate loading of multiple files. I would really
appreciate some feedback on the changes I have done as well as any areas
of improvement. Please find the classes changed attached.

What happens now is,

- The PropertyConfiguration is initialized with a property file which
contains a list of properties it has to keep a track of. It will load
those properties within each of the property files and keep a track of
the files in a hashmap. (key: the property file, value: the last
accessed time)

- When getting a property it will check if the property file has been
modified,  if modified it will reload it and update the hashmap.

Thanks and Regards

Roshan