commons-dev mailing list archives

From jerome lacoste <jerome.laco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [exec] API sketch?
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:59:45 GMT
On 1/13/06, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Back in September 05 (wow, is it really 2006 already? :) Jerome sent a
> comprehensive vision for exec. I found myself agreeing with most
> everything in there (I'll reply to a couple of specifics shortly).
>
> Message ID from then: <5a2cf1f605092513417c5d0fd7@mail.gmail.com>
>
> However, it was long and wordy. I think the key part was that "we should
> have a minimal exposed API". Maybe a good step forward is to sketch that
> API, then write implementations that reuse existing code, then refactor
> code behind the scenes later?

BTW, I had implemented my proposal (refactoring the original code) and
the main API looked a lot like what was discussed in this thread.

Unfortunately, since I write it, I've had 2 disk failures, so I am not
sure that code is still accessible.

I will try to dig it up to compare it to the API proposed by Niklas.

Jerome