commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] documentation updates
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2006 14:44:57 GMT
Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> robert burrell donkin wrote:
>> On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 09:59 +0000, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> i have to go out
>>> in about an hour (i've promised that i'll fix a mate's network and
>>> internet which he needs for university work next week). if you are
>>> around now, feel free to roll a RC1 release for public evaluation.
>>> otherwise, i'll cut one this afternoon (GMT)
>>
>> had a bit of a nightmare day today. to cut a long story short lost all
>> my development time today. just don't ask how a 30 minute job ends up
>> taking up 8 hours door-to-door :-<
>>
>> so, i don't have that document in a coherent state yet :-(
>>
>> shall i start preparing to cut an RC1 now or does anyone have anything
>> else they want to get in first?
>
> The only thing I have left on my list is the changes.xml document.
> However that is not a show stopper, it could even wait until the next
> release.

Having had a go at a changes.xml file, using the resolved issues from
Bugzilla, I realize that it will not make a good and useful document. I
compared it to those from other commons components, and think that a
changes.xml file really needs to be updated incrementally between two
releases. So I will not be checking this in for the 1.1 release.

<snip>

--
Dennis Lundberg