commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [exec] API sketch?
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 02:56:32 GMT
Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> /*
>  * StreamHandlers are used for providing input,
>  * retriving the output. Also used for logging.
>  */
> StreamHandler getStreamHandler();
> void setStreamHandler(StreamHandler streamHandler);

My only comments on these is that I don't see the point of the setters
in the interface - is it a requirement of the use of the library, or is
it an implementation detail? (eg, I use plexus which instantiates
objects implementations with private field injection, some use setters
through reflection, some through a constructor - I'm not sure the
interface requires it).

As for the stream handler - what is the contents of that interface? Does
it have an input, output and error stream?

You have commit access now, so if you want to start writing some example
code (or create a fresh branch, even), you're welcome to.

- Brett