commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] improvements to generated documentation
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 23:15:52 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:
> the site generated by maven could do with some improvements before the
> release. here's a brief list (but could do with a general review):
>
> 1 junit report - this should be replaced by a note explaining that maven
> cannot run the JCL unit tests
> 2 javadocs warnings and errors - these need to be eliminated
> 3 task list - we don't use it so probably wants removing
> 4 use the improved mailing list and issues documentation created by
> stephen at el. ideally, these should be fed back into the maven loop.
>
> anyone fancy picking any of these up?

I'd like to change the menu on the site so that it looks like the one
used on the digester site [1]. That mean changing the menu items "1.0.4
Release", "1.0.3 Release" and "1.0.2 Release" to be menus.

There are two reasons for this:

1. It looks better

2. These menu items doesn't have a href, but they are still clickable,
going to the same page that the user is on. This is confusing to users.

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/digester/

--
Dennis Lundberg