commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <dennis.lundb...@mdh.se>
Subject Re: [all] Dependencies on Maven plugins for building sites
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 22:41:13 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:
> On 1/19/06, Dennis Lundberg <dennis.lundberg@mdh.se> wrote:
>> Martin Cooper wrote:
>>>
>>> I think this is as close to "policy" as we get:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/commons-build/trunk/pluginUpdate.txt
>>>
>>> I know that's not what you're asking, but I'd suggest not explicitly adding
>>> the ones that are already listed in that file.
>> Thanks Martin
>>
>> I cannot find maven-jxr-plugin in that list. The reason for using a
>> newer version, than the one that comes in the Maven 1.0.2 distribution,
>> is to not get broken links in the generated site. This is something that
>> all commons components would benefit from.
>>
>> Should I add maven-jxr-plugin to the list?
>
> +1 - as long as your are confident that it will not break anything.
>
> Phil

I've had a look at the old vs. the new version of the plugin and there
are minimal changes. So an upgrade would not be a problem.

However, that look made me realize that the problem at hand is not a
frequent one, as I had first thought. It only occurs when the source
file is not correctly formatted. So I fixed the source file instead.

--
Dennis Lundberg