commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <dennis.lundb...@mdh.se>
Subject Re: [all] Dependencies on Maven plugins for building sites
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:29:02 GMT
Martin Cooper wrote:
> On 1/19/06, Dennis Lundberg <dennis.lundberg@mdh.se> wrote:
>> Is there a policy for adding dependencies on specific versions of
>> maven-plugins to a commons component? A quick look in SVN tells me that
>> 8 components in commons proper such dependencies.
>

> I think this is as close to "policy" as we get:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/commons-build/trunk/pluginUpdate.txt
>
> I know that's not what you're asking, but I'd suggest not explicitly adding
> the ones that are already listed in that file.

Thanks Martin

I cannot find maven-jxr-plugin in that list. The reason for using a
newer version, than the one that comes in the Maven 1.0.2 distribution,
is to not get broken links in the generated site. This is something that
all commons components would benefit from.

Should I add maven-jxr-plugin to the list?

> I'd like to add the usual site generation plugins: site and xdoc, and
>> also maven-jxr-plugin-1.4.3. The 1.4.3 version solves broken links such
>> as the one after the "package" keyword found at the top of this file:
>>
>> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/xref-test/org/apache/commons/logging/SimpleLogTestCase.html
>>
>> --
>> Dennis Lundberg

Dennis Lundberg