commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r366225 - in /jakarta/commons/proper/lang/trunk/src: java/org/apache/commons/lang/exception/ExceptionUtils.java test/org/apache/commons/lang/exception/ExceptionUtilsTestCase.java
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 23:08:10 GMT
I hate whinging about formatting things, but there does seem to be an
excess of whitespace here. The setCause javadoc is now so long that it
doesn't fit in one page of my editor!

Its easy to assume that this doesn't matter because javadoc is read via
HTML, but I know that I read a lot of javadoc in the source code, and I
suspect many others do to. And when you do that you want minimal visual
interference.

Stephen
(NB. I oppose all unecessary <p> & </p> as well, but [lang] voted to use
them long ago)

ggregory@apache.org wrote:
>      /**
> -     * <p>The Method object for JDK1.4 getCause.</p>
> +     * The Method object for Java 1.4 getCause.
>       */

>      /**
> +     * Sets the cause of a <code>Throwable</code> using introspection, allowing
source code compatibility between