commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [configuration][all]Code coverage reports
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 17:56:21 GMT
Oliver Heger wrote:
> I noticed several projects recently switching to cobertura for their
> code coverage reports.
>
> I tried cobertura, too, and was very content with the results. ATM in
> configuration we use jcoverage, but this product seems to have some
> problems, especially with inner classes. So I would suggest switching to
> cobertura, too.
>
> Would it make sense to define a standard coverage analysis tool for all
> commons components? If so, which other products could be candidates?

I looked at Cobertura quickly (http://cobertura.sf.net/sample), it seems
that Clover provides more coverage information regarding the evaluation
of the conditions (i.e the expression in a "if" statement has been
evaluated n times true and 0 time false, meaning the behaviour when the
condition is false is untested).

The report generated by Cobertura looks better than JCoverage though.

Emmanuel Bourg