commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <>
Subject Re: [compress] what to do with?
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 19:52:48 GMT
Ok, is there anyone else interested?

I don't have any coding time available right now, but here's some things
we can do:
- create patches for these issues:
- do a general review of the code to make sure it is javadoc'd/complete
- merge plexus-archiver (this is what I hope to replace):,
which is derived from the same code.
- discuss the API that is thre now, and whether it is appropriate.

Is there anything in particular you are interested in Chris?

- Brett

C. Grobmeier wrote:
> Hi,
> I am interested in help with compress. I already read the code
> and checked out the zip-spec, but couldn't code something till now.
> Imaging an simple standalone compression helper makes me feel good.
> Chris
> Brett Porter wrote:
>> I intend to resuscitate compress, but I wouldn't want to have to
>> maintain the existing API (though not far off).
>> Might be best to svn cp them into your own tree.
>> - Brett

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message