commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject [compress] what to do with?
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 09:51:33 GMT
Hi!

What to do with [compress]?

There is no development on the compress package, but VFS depends on it.
As you know, this is a show stopper for VFS to release.

The question now is if we should promote compress to proper and cut a
release or if I should import the required classes into the VFS codebase.
The latter might mean that compress will get dormant at all.

Personally I would like to keep compress as I hope sometimes in the
future we well see new compression algos too.
Might It be an option to move compress to [codec]? With some good will
;-) we can argue that it fits not that bad.

Ciao,
Mario