commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Boris Unckel" <boris.unckel....@gmx.net>
Subject RE: [logging] release status
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:20:22 GMT
> On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 10:40 +0100, Boris Unckel wrote:
> > Just as suggestion:
> > There are some commons-logging compile dependencies. The manifest allows
> > proprietary entries. It would be nice to have names and versions for
> > dependet jars in the jar.
>
> There aren't actually any *mandatory* dependencies; JCL can run
> stand-alone. The user *might* want log4j or *might* want
> avalon-framework, but that's up to them.
Sorry for not precise enough. I do not want to represent the runtime
dependencies or all compiletime dependencies for a special case.
The manifest should just represent against which APIs and their versions it
was actually compiled.
So if someone did not compile against avalon and just uses log4j - OK. The
manifest represents just log4j and its version.

Optional fulfilled dependeny => entry in the manifest
Optional ignored dependeny => _no_ entry in the manifest

Regards
Boris