commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "JakartaCommonsResources" by RahulAkolkar
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:55:31 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by RahulAkolkar:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/JakartaCommonsResources

The comment on the change is:
Add third party resources content from front page.

  Extend the JDK Classes with Jakarta Commons, Part I - Explore the components in the Jakarta
Commons set of reusable classes and you'll be convinced that most of them should be part of
the JDK. Learn which ones you should use in your projects. Complete article can be found here.
http://www.devx.com/Java/Article/29392/

  Extend the JDK Classes with Jakarta Commons, Part II - This second installment of a three-part
series further explores components in Jakarta Commons and presents real world examples to
demonstrate how you can use them in your projects. Complete article can be found here. http://www.devx.com/Java/Article/29795/
+
+ ----

  == Books ==
  There are currently 7 known books on Jakarta Commons. In order of publication:
@@ -22, +24 @@

  An important part of the books and articles from the community's point of view, is which
versions of the components they cover. Hopefully we can outline these here.

- ----
- == Opinion of HenriYandell ==
+ === Opinion of HenriYandell ===
  As a fervent buyer of technical books, especially open-source ones, I have a lot of opinions
when it comes down to these books. Take the following with a grain of salt, especially as
they are based on memory and personal view:

   * Christian's book is not solely focused on Commons, but is instead about programming in
general, with Commons as a focused set of examples. This book came out quietly and seems academic
in nature; useful for teaching a class I'd suspect.
@@ -46, +47 @@

  (/End of Opinion)
  ----

+ == Third Party Resources  ==
+
+  * [http://morph.sourceforge.net Morph] - alpha framework based on ideas from BeanUtils
([http://morph.sourceforge.net/alternatives/beanutils.html read comparison to Morph]), CommonsConvert
and CommonsChain.  Also will support functionality in [:JEXL] ([http://morph.sourceforge.net/alternatives/jexl.html
read comparison to Morph]).
Nabble] hosts a combined user/dev archive of the commons' lists. The archvie has a clean UI
for cross browsing and also a fast search. Users can search here before posting questions
to the mailing lists.
+