commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "id/1.0ReleasePlan" by PhilSteitz
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2006 20:26:48 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by PhilSteitz:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/id/1%2e0ReleasePlan

The comment on the change is:
Add reminder to fix checkstyle.xml

    Most of the generator implementations could be made serializable without any problem.
Serialization should be ensured by appropriate unit tests though. The serializable implementation
should also support a serialVersionUID. We might either use just 1L or the date we added this
UID in form of YYYYMMDDL. Setup test code to ensure binary compatibility with future versions.
   * Clean-up exception handling
    Some methods have currently signatures for exceptions they do not throw. Some code throws
a simple RuntimeException instead of introducing a derived exception for the commons-id components.
A lot of internally runtime exceptions are not mentioned in the javadoc.
-  * Improve test path coverage and fix remaining style issues
+  * Improve test path coverage and fix remaining style issues (decide what we care about
and fix Checkstyle.xml to ignore things we dont care about)
   * Unify initialization of unit tests (./)
    A lot of unit tests use a suite method, have a constructor to parametrise the name and
have a main method. All of this is normally not necessary in modern IDEs. In Eclipse this
is even worse, since you cannot click on the run tests to switch to the test's source.
   * Check year of copyright in touched files