commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Andy McBride" <andy.mcbr...@dsl.pipex.com>
Subject RE: [logging] log4j transition
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 00:34:08 GMT

I think a couple weeks ago Level was 'restored' to extend Priority whereas
it had been made a top level class before so maybe the problem has gone
away.

> I discussed this issue with them last year and they were determined to
> push on with their plan. They do have to get rid of the old stuff
> eventually, but it's very interesting that they are now considering
> holding off on that until a 2.0 release. I'll try to find time to talk
> to them about that but I don't think it affects the proposed JCL 1.1
> release.

No affect on JCL 1.1 at all, +1 to that.

Just hopeful that you won't need a 1.1.x release of JCL just to support
log4j1.3 when it is released :-)

Regards

Andy