commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "SCXML/SCXMLFaq" by TimObrien
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2006 16:59:21 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by TimObrien:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/SCXML/SCXMLFaq

The comment on the change is:
Just asking a bunch of questions, ultimate inclusion in online doc..

New page:
* What is an Evaluator?

* What is a Context?

* Can I create a single instance of an Evaluator and reuse it for both the SCXMLDigester and
the SCXMLExecutor?

* Once I set up an SCXMLExecutor (call the constructor, set the state machine) is there anything
I have to do to "Activate" it.  In other words, do is there some sort of "go()" method?

* Can multiplethreads safely interact with an instance of SCXMLExecutor?  In other words,
do I have to worry about synchronizing access to these objects?

* Can I have multiple instances of SCXMLExecutor all working off of a single instance of the
SCXML class?  For example, if I have an SCXML that represents the states of a stop watch,
can I have multiple instances of SCXMLExecutor operating off of this single SCXML instance
to model many stop watches?

* Can I use SCXML in a non-voice application?

* What are the core requirements of SCXML, do I need to include the JSP and Servlet API or
the Faces libraries?  Do I need to include Commons JEXL or Commons EL?

* Does Commons SCXML implement the entire Working Draft?  Are there any parts of the SCXML
draft that are not covered by Commons SCXML?