commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "Net/FrequentlyAskedQuestions" by SteveCohen
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:27:44 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by SteveCohen:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Net/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

  '''

  '''A:''' the library jakarta-oro.jar is required to be on your classpath in order to run
the all the listFiles() methods and is listed as a dependency of commons-net.
- Get it from http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_oro.cgi
+ Get it from [http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_oro.cgi]
  ----
  '''Q: How can I set a connection timeout?'''

@@ -39, +39 @@

  '''A:''' Currently parsers have been written for UNIX, NT, OS/2 and VMS and OS400.  These
can be autodetected by the code without being specified.  Additionally, the code correctly
handles cases where NT or OS400 servers have been configured to look like unix servers.  There
is also a means of specifying a user-written parser by class name.  All of these parsers return
FTPFile objects with as much information about the file as can be gathered from the listing.

  If none of these is sufficient, FTPClient.listNames() may always be called.  This retrieves
just the file name without other information.
+
+ ----
+ '''Q: The FTP parser I am connecting to uses older software and non-English names of months
and/or non-standard (standard American, that is) date formats, and therefore parsing fails.
 Is there a workaround?'''
+
+ '''A:''' Beginning with commons-net 1.4.0, there are new mechanisms for configuring various
aspects of the server file entry parsing expectations. Please see
+ [http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/net/apidocs/org/apache/commons/net/ftp/FTPClientConfig.html]

  ----
  '''Q: Why are my files corrupt after transfer?'''